Kubb Rental & RulesAdd some fun to any party!
THE TLG RULEBOOK
- 2-12 Players
- 15-20 Minutes per Game
- 26 ft. length, 16 ft. width
BEFORE YOU PLAY
There are 10 Kubb sticks and 1 King Kubb along with 6 throwing batons. Set up should follow the diagram at right with the Kubbs equally spaced along each baseline. Each team can be up to 6 people.
Kubbs standing in their starting position on the baseline are called “Baseline Kubbs”. As part of the game, Kubbs are thrown into the middle of the playing field and are erected where they end up. These Kubbs are then called “Field Kubbs”.
HOW TO PLAY
To determine which team starts, a player from each team throws a stick as close to the king as possible, without hitting it. The team with the closest throw begins. This Team (1) starts the game by throwing their sticks underhand and vertically with the intent of knocking down Team 2’s “Baseline Kubbs”. Any Kubbs they manage to knock down Team 2 will then throw from their baseline into Team 1’s half of the playing area, where they are stood up and now referred to as “Field Kubbs”. If a Kubb is thrown outside the area of play, they have a second chance to throw within bounds. If they miss, Team 1 may place the Kubb anywhere on their side.
Team 2 now must begin their turn by knocking down any “Field Kubbs” thrown onto Team 1’s side. Any Kubbs hit in the field are then thrown onto Team 2’s side. Once Team 2 has knocked down all “Field Kubbs”, they may knock down the “Baseline Kubbs”. If a “Baseline Kubb” is toppled prior, it is immediately stood back up.
Play proceeds accordingly – on each turn, all “Field Kubbs” on the opponent’s side must be knocked down before “Baseline Kubbs” can be thrown at. If “Field Kubbs” remain standing on the throwing team’s side, they may throw from behind the “Field Kubb” closest to the Middle Line, rather than the Baseline. Once a team has knocked down all of their opponent’s “Baseline Kubbs” they may attempt to knock down the King Kubb.
The team that knocks down all of their opponent’s “Baseline Kubbs” and then proceeds to knock down the King Kubb wins. However, if a Team knocks down the King Kubb prior to knocking down their opponent’s “Baseline Kubbs”, that Team loses.
NERF PARTY STRATEGIES
Trying to run your own NERF Party? Check out our guide built to help you manage a NERF day for maximum fun!
CORNHOLE TOURNAMENT STRATEGIES
Want the scoop on running an awesome cornhole tournament? Check out our guide to get the bags flying like a pro.
Looking to Purchase Games?
Take a look at some great products we have available for sale (we can ship anywhere).
The basics to renting with us:
- We would be happy to bring your games to you, and come pick them up. That service starts at $25 for both pick and delivery and goes up depending on distance. Take a look at our delivery zones on our order page and begin your booking.
- We make our games here in Raleigh, NC. That’s right, our cornhole, Ladder Golf and tumbling blocks (like Jenga) are all manufactured here in the Triangle.
- We have a great selection of games. From Giant Connect Four, to Spikeball, to party classics like Ladder Golf and Bocce Ball, we make it easy to give your next event an enjoyable element of fun. Try a game you have never played, and just let the day go where it may.
- You can contact us easily. Our phone number is (919) 891-3495. Give us a call at if you have questions on ordering, availability, or pricing.
Whether you are looking to improve a tailgate party, a corporate event or wedding, or just want to entertain your weird cousins who invited themselves for the weekend, we make it easy and cheap to get your hands on lawn games in the Triangle and beyond.